Smarty error with Google Analytics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smarty error with Google Analytics

I have set up a CMSMS site with mdblue-template, and after adding the site to Google Analytics, I started getting error like this on page load:

This error shows when i try to add the code in template files i.e footer.tpl in phpld script :

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in footer.tpl line 34]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'var' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 590) in /home/******/public_html/directory/libs/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1092

This error comes when i set up a CMSMS site with mdblue-template :

string(115) "Smarty error: [in template:20 line 148]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'var' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 590)" string(111) "Smarty error: [in template:20 line 149]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 446)" string(112) "Smarty error: [in template:20 line 149]: syntax error: unrecognized tag '' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 590)"

The error only appears after I modify a page and load it for the first time. At reload, the error does not appear.

If I remove the analytics tracking code from the template, the error does not appear either.

Also, the tracking code does not appear completely at the page source even though it is complete at the page template. The last bit , where there should be the tracker ID, looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
    try catch(err) </script>

Any ideas??

Originally posted by killer View Post
    I have set up a CMSMS site with mdblue-template, and after adding the site to Google Analytics, I started getting error like this on page load:

This error shows when i try to add the code in template files i.e footer.tpl in phpld script :

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in footer.tpl line 34]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'var' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 590) in /home/******/public_html/directory/libs/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1092

This error comes when i set up a CMSMS site with mdblue-template :

string(115) "Smarty error: [in template:20 line 148]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'var' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 590)" string(111) "Smarty error: [in template:20 line 149]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 446)" string(112) "Smarty error: [in template:20 line 149]: syntax error: unrecognized tag '' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 590)"

The error only appears after I modify a page and load it for the first time. At reload, the error does not appear.

If I remove the analytics tracking code from the template, the error does not appear either.

Also, the tracking code does not appear completely at the page source even though it is complete at the page template. The last bit , where there should be the tracker ID, looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
    try catch(err) </script>

Any ideas??

wrap around your js code with {literal} {/literal}

eLLuSiOnIsT

Comment

thanks ellusionist, this really helped.

Thanks a Lot..................

Comment

Working...
      X