Nokia App Review: SymTorrent – Torrent client for Nokia s60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nokia App Review: SymTorrent – Torrent client for Nokia s60

We all know about torrents and why they are so famous. Yes, now we have torrents downloading directly to our very own Nokia s60 phone. SymTorrent is a symbian S60 3rd Edition client that reads torrents and directly downloads the files to the memory card.

This application is originally designed for Nokia S60 3rd Edition and works very much for S60 5th Edition as well. I have tried this application on my own device and had excellent results. I have tested this application on a Wi-Fi connection and was able to get the maximum download speed as per allowed by my ISP’s bandwidth.

I would not suggest using this application for very huge and long downloads in terms of file size and time length because it may put a lot of pressure on the device’s hardware. But you can for sure use it for downloading MP3 files and other files that you may want.

You can download this application directly from the developer’s website for free. Download here--
    Code:
    [URL="http://amorg.aut.bme.hu/projects/symtorrent/download"]http://amorg.aut.bme.hu/projects/symtorrent/download[/URL]

Installation Instructions – It is very easy to install like other applications that you have installed previously; however, there is a warning shown when installing this application saying that this application is not compatible with the device. Just ignore that warning and select YES to continue the installation. Also, make sure that you install the application on your memory card.

Another important fact is that you need to download the torrent files and have them saved on your memory card before starting this application because this application only runs the torrent and does not search them.

You can visit mininova.org on your phone's browser to download torrents.
Working...
X