Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware specs to install SAP ECC 6.0 + SCM + SRM

Hi,

I am planning to install SAP ERP60 SR2 IDES + SCM50 R2 IDES + SRM50 R2 IDES. I have a labtop but I do not have a desktop computer, therefore I am thinking in buying one.

Can you please let me know your thoughts about the following HW specs:

Processor: Intel Core I3 530 2.93GHz Box Socket 1156
    Motherboard: Asus P7H55D-M EVO Socket 1156
    RAM: 6 GB
    HDD: 1 TB
    Operatin system: MS Windows 7 Home premium 64 bits
    Additional Sotfware I will have to install to run SAP: WMware + windows server 2003

What do you think? is this enough to have a proper enviroment ( SAP ECC 6.0 + SCM + SRM) running without problems? I mean .. I do not want to wait 3 or 4 minutes to execute a transaction.

I will use this enviroment to practice. I have been a SAP consultant for several years in the logistics area but I want to learn more about APO + SRM. Therefore, I want to have my own enviroment to practice. Maybe there will be 3 or 4 concurrent users accesing SAP at the same time (2 or 3 friends of mine). I will also try to have access by the internet but I am not sure it this will influence the kind of hardware I want to buy (apart from having LAN on the desktop of course)

I supposed (I am still investigating the best way to install SAP + SCM + SRM) I will create 3 virtual servers to install each component on different server. But I will create another thread to know your opinions about the best way to install the 3 components. Currently, I want to know the hardware specs to accomplish the goal described inhere.

I am not a basis guy. To be completely honest, I do not have a clue about installing SAP or the HW requirements. But with this forum I have learnt alot and I think I am now capable of doing it thanks to this great forum!!

I will appreciate all your comments/suggestions.

thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    A6er

Dear A6er,

1) 6GB of RAM might not be enough as ECC 6 installation needs around 3~4GB RAM. I recommend at least 8GB of RAM ( stiil no enough as SCM and SRM need to be installed as separate system . I allocated 4GB RAM for guest OS for ECC6. I have succefully installed ECC6 in virtual environment and it is running perfectly at this moment )
    2) VMware is bloated , runs slows , I use VirtualBox ( www.virtualbox.org) .
    3) Better to install Windows 7 Professional 64 bit .
    4) The ECC6 runs under Windows 2003 64bit
    5) The guest Windows 2003 64 bit must re-configure with 20480 MB as swap file ...etc

Hope this help

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

thanks alot

Comment

Working...
            X