What a fresher must do in SAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a fresher must do in SAP

Hi to all the people out thr in geekworld forum doing g8 job with the information on sap materails and all......

My question is what a fresher must to get a job in sap. means a fresher has to start some where some day and todays market of sap is like...no one wants freshers.

do modules like sap sd has no market now ths question is here because i have seen many people with good domain exp in sales and freshers taking up sap sd certification or course ....... and othr modules needs a bit good experience to get into.

People lets come up with points and ans to ths thread to get into real picture so lot of people will get good information from it and useful one

Originally posted by ThIrtEEn View Post
    Hi to all the people out thr in geekworld forum doing g8 job with the information on sap materails and all......

My question is what a fresher must to get a job in sap. means a fresher has to start some where some day and todays market of sap is like...no one wants freshers.

do modules like sap sd has no market now ths question is here because i have seen many people with good domain exp in sales and freshers taking up sap sd certification or course ....... and othr modules needs a bit good experience to get into.

People lets come up with points and ans to ths thread to get into real picture so lot of people will get good information from it and useful one

SAP has normally been difficult to get into, except in those years when there were so many projects that demand topped supply of consultants. This was for example the early years of R3 and before the year 2000. I think a lot of freshers donīt realise how little they know and how long it takes to become a good SAP consultant. A lot of people donīt work on their consulting skills as well, in my mind being a good consultant is about being a good communicator, being organized, innovative, team player, assertive when needed, having language skills, being a good listener and really try to understand the problem before diving into configuration or programming. There are so many "consultants" out there that lack one or more of those skills and they think that if they know the solution or are certified that the jobs are just going to find them. Also itīs quite common for people to try to add "feathers" to their CV, pretend to be great in several areas of SAP even though they have only worked with SAP and consulting for 2-3 years. The real learning starts during projects, when you are finding out requirements and designing a solution. When someone has done 3-4 projects (or 1-2 major projects) with a focus on 1-2 modules I consider that person an experienced consultant. If that same person has done one project with a focus on FI, another with BW focus and the third with lots of SD, that is someone that might be ok in each area but an expert in none. A common mistake for a fresher is to try to pretend to have very broad knowledge (cross modules) and overselling his knowledge, based on training that person has received. All experienced recruiters will know that a project manager will see through that.

in Summary - the most critical part is to understand that consulting is about solving someoneīs problem and convincing a recruiter that you will do whatever it takes to help out but that you have a focused approach.

Comment

great experience sharing...."DaMysterious"

i would like to know about the current industry market & situations..for freshers. pls share ur views.

Comment

Hi Dear,

It is a nice question.

First of all I would like to tell you that freshers dont get recruited easy in top companies.

The reason is that they want exp people to get continued with there projects..

But there is a hidden trick to get jobs for freshers..
        You have often heared about Consultancy Firms.They usually tie up with big companies to do the same job
        in cheaper manner.So here is the trick

Go to any consultancy who works on SAP Projects and ask them to recruite you by saying you will work for very less
        salary.Get exp of around a Year and then you will be a part of exp member where you can now demand for salaryies..

I did the same technique,got selected.Now working good..

Hope these trick may help you..

Thanks
        Mayur

Comment

Working...
        X