Registry Edits for Windows XP "Tweaks and Tips"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registry Edits for Windows XP "Tweaks and Tips"

To use the Regedits: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double
    click the vbs file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

NOTE: If your anti-virus software warns you of a "malicious" script, this is normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. These scripts are not malicious, but they do make changes to the System Registry.

Disclaimer: These registry edits and script files are presented "as is". Every effort has been made to ensure the files work as stated. I assume no responsibility for your use of these files.

Code:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Re: Registry Edits for Windows XP "Tweaks and Tips"

I think there is a tool already given for XP and later users... for Tweaking Windows.

Click on Start - > Run, Type gpedit.msc. (This is Group Policy Settings Tool)
    go to User Configuration >Administrative Templates.

Now Tweak windows your way.
    Every option is well documented on this tool by microsoft. If you are a newbie.. I think you shouldnt be accessing Regedit or Regedt32. Rather no harm using GPEDIT.MSC, its made for them.

And for all advanced users, this is really awesome link. 3 cheers to Linux and AF...
    good post buddy.

Comment

Re: Registry Edits for Windows XP "Tweaks and Tips"

thanks for a wonderful tutorial

now i can edit and fix my registry problems

Comment

Working...
      X